RTNCF created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate respect for your privacy preferences and to disclose our information collection and sharing practices. Regardless of whether you provide us with your personal information through our website or in other manner, we strive to honor your privacy preferences.
By Accessing and/or Using Our Website, You Have Agreed to:
- Abide by the practices described in this Privacy Statement, as may be amended from time to time; and
- The transfer, processing and maintenance o your personal and sensitive information in the United States of America.
The Personal Information We Collect: Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the person information we collect may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, zip code, telephone numbers, organization name, email address, credit card, bank information or billing information.
Where and When We Collect Personal Information: You will be asked to provide your personal information when making donations, requesting communications, registering for a fundraiser or event, applying for a volunteer position, becoming our sponsors, and all other related events sponsored by RTNCF.
We Do Not Knowingly Collect Information From Children: We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information without the consent of their parent or guardian. If you are under 18, do not send any information about yourself to us. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and do not have a parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com or call u s from Monday through Friday between 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Information Security: RTNCF has a layers security in our systems and only designated RTNCF staff have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a closed lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar are at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http.”
RTNCF May Share Your Personal Information: Personal information will be shared internally at the Rosa Thay Nguyen Children’s Foundation to complete your donations or purchasing transactions, to contact you about our ongoing work, discuss volunteer opportunities and ways that you can further support our efforts to help children in need. Your personal information will also be used to provide you access to the various sections of our website that have been personalized of your needs. We may share, rent, or exchange donor names and postal address with third parties. Except in the limited circumstances outlined below, RTNCF will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
Exceptions: RTNCF reserves the right to share your personal information in certain situations:
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Financial Transactions: RTNCF hires third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services and order fulfillment services. If you choose to make an application for volunteer position, make a donation online, by phone, through the mail or by other means, or make a purchase from our auctions at our fundraising events, we will share your personal with processing service providers. We make an effort to require all third party service providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. While we believe these other companies are upstanding and will treat your personal information responsibly, we do not own or control them and cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Merger, Acquisition, or other Corporate Restructure: We also may transfer your personal information to a third party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
- Requesting Communications: We share information provided by our website visitors with third parties that provide services on our behalf, i.e., to send communications. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
Cookies and Pixels: A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from RTNCF’s web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect non-identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website. You can manually delete all cookies within your browser privacy settings. You can also set your browser to not accept cookies although this may prevent you from using some of the services offered by the RTNCF’s website. In addition, we use “pixels” or transparent GIF files to help manage online advertising. These pixels do not collect identifying information. The mechanisms identified here are used to improve the user experience on the RTNCF’s website, and are employed irrespective of “Do Not Track” requests.
Website Links: In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and entities. These additional services and goods may include “links” to other websites from website. The RTNCF’s privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. Anytime you leave the RTNCF website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third-parties might do with the information. For instance, she you click on a merchant’s name at the RTNCF website, you will be connected with the third-party merchant’s website, sometimes even if our logo is on the screen. This merchant website should have its own privacy statement applying to transactions at their website. It is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully, before you use any services or programs offered.
Changes to Privacy Practices: From time to time, RTNCF may revise its privacy practices to address changing technology, security measures and website functionality. We strive to provide you with timely notice of these changes. Please contact us if you have any questions about changes to our practices.
You May Always Change Your Privacy Preferences by Contacting Us: If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us from Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.